The boat is loaded with food, medical kit, tools, supplies and spares, we have worked on our communications to increase their performance, and there are messages and photo’s throughout the boat from well wishes, family and friends, now just to wait for the start.
Due to high winds and extreme seas from the South East in the Bay of Biscay and around Cape Finestere the race committee have decided to postpone the start. Todays briefing told us of the dangers of starting the race tomorrow and the fleet voted to postpone the start until the weather becomes more survivable. The committee briefed us today that we would meet every day at 1800h and when a suitable window of opportunity arises they will start the race the next morning.
Either way, the RG650 AUS816 is ready to roll, and the preparations are about as meticulous as they can get. Every fine detail has been checked, and every item tested. Tomorrow we will have a parade race around the bay which will give me a final chance to confirm that everything is 100%
Stay tuned for regular updates!
Check out www.hewsonracing.com and click on the RSS feed to receive my blogs and pleas or check and become a friend of my hewsonracing Facebook page
Thankyou to: http://www.profurl.com, http://www.harken.com, http://www.yachtmoving.es, http://www.equipyacht.com, http://www.zhik.com, http://www.rg650europe.com, http://www.boatbooks-aust.com.au All donations and sponsorship greeatly appreciated.